The Ministry of Sport, Youth and National Service (MSYNS) was formed in 2005 mainly to promote the welfare of the Youth in Namibia. It is mandated to promote sport, develop and empower the youth and has three (3) directorates namely,
Directorate of Sport;
Directorate of Youth; and
Directorate of General Services
The duties and functions of Ministry of Sport, Youth and National Service(MSYNS) encompasses, among others, the following:
- Initiate and coordinate sport policy development and facilitate the implementation of sport development programmes;
- Creation of conducive sporting environment in the country by building and upgrading sport facilities;
- Encourage inter-linkages and networking between all sport organisations and providing funding for different codes of sport;
- Provide youth development and empowerment programmes that will ensure that the youth participate and become active participants in the mainstream economy;
- Impart skills to school drop-outs and unemployed young people, thereby making them employable, self-reliant and productive citizens.
The Ministry of Sport, Youth and National Service is led by the Minister Hon. Erastus Amutenya Uutoni, Hon. Agnes Tjongarero as Deputy Minister and Mrs. Emma Kantema-Gaomas the Executive Director.
- A dynamic Institution recognized in excelling sport, empowering youth to be self-reliant and productive citizens.
- Creating an enabling environment for sustainable development, empowerment and promotion of Sport and Youth.
Defined Core Values
We shall promote, collaboration and communication among all our customers at all times, work together to provide boundless experience to all those we serve.
We act in a manner that there are no fear and favoritism. We shall adhere to our commitments and maintain ethical conduct
We promise to be seen through, easily noticed, honest and open.
|Accountability||We shall accept responsibility for our individual and organizational decisions and actions. We pledge to take responsibility of our actions that influence the lives of all youth and our customers|
In everything we do we shall exploit original and creative ideas.
We pledge the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles to those we serve