Aims to forge a strong national identity, through outstanding achievements in the sport arena.
- To build and upgrade sport facilities;
- To encourage all Namibians in all the regions to participate in the sport codes of their choice;
- To increase participation in sport;
- To identify, develop and manage talent;
- To introduce and incorporate prioritized sport codes in schools and communities;
- To afford elite athletes opportunities to compete internationally with the aim of them securing professional contract; and
- To enhance the international image of Namibia through sport.
- Creation of conducive sporting environment in the regions
- Preparation and participation in Olympic Games
- Participation of people with disabilities in sport
- Provision and maintenance of basic sport facilities in all fourteen (14) regions.
- Provision of sport equipment.
- Mobility facilitation through transport provision.
- Encouragement of excellence in sport
- Financial assistance to national and international bodies.
- Establishment of the umbrella body for the people with disabilities.
- Create educational programmes on the value of sport;
- Provide regular exposure to international events;
- Introduce prioritized sport codes in communities;
- Initiate and coordinate sport policy development;
- Initiate, coordinate and facilitate the implementation of sport development programmes;
- Revive and strengthen regional sport committees;
- Monitor and evaluate the use of government funding/grants to sport associations; and
- Encourage inter-linkages and networking between all sport organisations.
PROGRAMMES AND ACTIVITIES
- Vision 2016: Athletics Development Programme
- Westphalia Soccer Programme
- Wrestling Development Programme
- Boxing Development Programme
- School Sport Programme
Mr. Edelberth Katamba
Ms. Johanna Manuel
Mr. Irvine Ndjavera