Honourable Agnes Tjongarero, was appointed as Deputy Minister of Sport, Youth and National Service, by His Excellency President Dr. Hage Geingob, with effect from 21 March 2015, in terms of Article 32 (3) (i) (bb) of the Namibian Constitution.
- To put strategies in place that promote civic education, cultivation of good morals and citizenship that prepare the youth to become useful citizens of our country through the National Youth Service.
- To assist Honourable Erastus Amutenya Uutoni the Minister, to implement programmes aimed at youth development, sport infrastructure, skills development and the improvement of the National Youth Service programmes.
- Transparent procurement with a focus on empowerment of Namibians, particularly youth and women, and job-creation but not at the expense for value for money;
- Driving a performance culture within the Ministry through leading by example and applying a hands-on approach;
- Focus on timely interventions and fast implementation of policy decisions;
- Reviewing any law, policy, regulation or institution which hampers the effective implementation of plans and programmes of Government;
- Ensure maximum output with the context of limited financial resources;
- Ensuring coordination with Offices, Ministries and Agencies, especially those which are closely related to my line functions;
- Enhance political and administrative interface in the Ministry;
- Engaging and listening to the voices of civil society, particularly grassroots organization, with the understanding that the ultimate goal is to improve the living standards of all Namibians;
- Continuous monitoring, evaluation and reporting on progress being made in the Ministry.