Honourable Jerry Ekandjo, was appointed as Minister of Sport, Youth and National Service, by His Excellency President Dr. Hage Geingob. The appointment came in effect on 21st March 2015 and was done in accordance with Article 32 (3) (i) (bb) of the Namibian Constitution.
- To put in place strategies that promote civic education;
- To cultivate good morals and citizenship in preparing the youth to become future leaders of our country;
- To implement programmes aimed at developing sport infrastructure, youth development, skills development; and
- To improve the National Youth Service programmes.
- Transparent procurement with a focus on empowerment of Namibians, particularly youth and women, and job-creation but not at the expense of value for money;
- Driving a performance culture within the ministry through leading by example and applying a hands on approach;
- Focus on timely interventions and prompt implementation of policy decisions;
- Review any law, policy, regulation or institution which hampers the effective implementation of plans and programmes of Government;
- Ensure maximum output within the context of limited financial resources;
- Ensure coordination with other Offices, Ministries and Agencies; and
- Continuously monitor, evaluate and report on progress being made in the ministry.
Rev. Ludwig Hausiku
Special Advisor: Minister
Ministry of Sport, Youth and National Services
Private Bag 13391
Tel No.: +264 61 270 6529
Fax No.: +264 61 222 479