Honourable Erastus Amutenya Uutoni was appointed as Minister of Sport, Youth and National Service, by His Excellency President Dr. Hage Geingob. The appointment came in effect on o 08 February 2018 and was done in accordance with Article 32 (3) (i) (bb) of the Namibian Constitution.
- To put in place strategies that promote civic education;
- To cultivate good morals and citizenship in preparing the youth to become future leaders of our country;
- To implement programmes aimed at developing sport infrastructure, youth development, skills development; and
- To improve the National Youth Service programmes.
- Transparent procurement with a focus on empowerment of Namibians, particularly youth and women, and job-creation but not at the expense of value for money;
- Driving a performance culture within the ministry through leading by example and applying a hands on approach;
- Focus on timely interventions and prompt implementation of policy decisions;
- Review any law, policy, regulation or institution which hampers the effective implementation of plans and programmes of Government;
- Ensure maximum output within the context of limited financial resources;
- Ensure coordination with other Offices, Ministries and Agencies; and
- Continuously monitor, evaluate and report on progress being made in the ministry.
Rev. Ludwig Hausiku
Special Advisor: Minister
Ministry of Sport, Youth and National Services
Private Bag 13391
Tel No.: +264 61 270 6529
Fax No.: +264 61 222 479